DME Group in Charlottetown, PE
The Company: The DME Group is comprised of Diversified Metal Engineering, Atlantic Systems Manufacturing and Newlands Systems. With manufacturing facilities in Charlottetown, PEI, Abbotsford, BC and Loris, South Carolina, and over 50 years of combined experience producing equipment for the craft beer, food processing, aquaculture, biotech and bioenergy industries, the organization is a global leader in the design and fabrication of stainless steel equipment and products.
Position Title: Welder/Fabricator
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Overview: A key member of the production team, Welder/Fabricators are responsible for performing the layout, assembly and fit-up of fabricated sheet metal and other components, using various tools, heavy machinery, and their own hands. Fabrication projects include the completion of various types of brewing solution vessels and tanks in a fast paced, safety sensitive environment.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, highly organized, detail oriented, enthusiastic, and a multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This individual will possess a strong ability to create and maintain balance among multiple priorities, while always planning several steps ahead.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
- Interpret drawings and engineering specs.
- Perform accurate calculations and layouts from drawings.
- Ensure all parts are fitted properly.
- Prepare joints.
- Perform tack welds.
- Install hangers and support brackets.
- Install fittings & nozzles.
- Purge-weld stainless tube, pipe and fittings.
- Follow specified production procedures.
- Maintain a clean & safe work area.
- Perform proper rigging techniques.
- Follow SOP for vessel fabrication.
- Interpret finish symbols.
- Identify and select finishing consumables.
- Understand quality control requirements.
- Perform mechanical heat stain removal.
- Perform mechanical weld removal.
- Complete interior pressure jacket seams & dimples.
- Perform welds and finish work in confined spaces.
- Perform welds and finish work at heights.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills / Traits
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Practical and effective problem solver; ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Persistent and results-orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Good sense of humor.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrates safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Technical diploma in welding and/or fabrication; red seal considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic welds; weld test required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Permanent Canadian Resident.
This is a full-time position based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It offers a competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
DME is wholeheartedly committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace environment for all current and future employees. As an integral part of upholding this promise, the DME Drug and Alcohol Policy requires all applicants who have successfully completed a primary interview to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test, facilitated by a third-party provider.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and success of DME, please email a cover letter and resume by 5:00pm on November 9th, 2018 to HR@dme.ca. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications prior to the closing date. DME thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.