DME Group in Charlottetown, PE
The Company: The DME Group is comprised of Diversified Metal Engineering, Atlantic Systems Manufacturing and Newlands Systems. With manufacturing facilities in Charlottetown, PEI, Abbotsford, BC and Loris, South Carolina, and over 50 years of combined experience producing equipment for the craft beer, food processing, aquaculture, biotech and bioenergy industries, the organization is a global leader in the design and fabrication of stainless steel equipment and products.
Position Title: Process Engineer
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Overview: A key member of the Engineering Team, the Process Engineer is responsible to develop innovative solutions for customers in the Craft Brewing and other industries while working with a diverse group of professionals to provide industry leading system designs and process equipment, in a fast-paced and highly competitive manufacturing environment. The Process Engineer will provide cross-functional design support to local and outsourced DME manufacturing sites, the production team, project management, asset care, and sales. This will be achieved through the application of DME design standards, applicable codes, and strong engineering practice. Necessary technical skills for this position include a strong understanding of process engineering fundamentals, stress analysis, vessel and piping design, energy and mass balances, and pump and heat exchanger selection.
Reports To: This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provide exceptional service for DME customers, employees and suppliers.
- Design sanitary atmospheric tanks and pressure vessels from stainless steel.
- Knowledge of ASME VIII, API 650/620, CSA B51, European PED is an asset.
- Knowledge of 3A and ASME BPE standards is an asset.
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams based on information provided by customer and a strong understanding of system design.
- Determine and prepare steam, hydronic cooling, and electrical site utility diagrams.
- Design sanitary piping systems considering line sizing, mechanical design, suitability for CIP, and component selection.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 is an asset.
- Determine equipment requirements for process, including mixer requirements, heating/cooling surfaces, vessel shape, CIP/SIP, etc.
- Specification and selection of instrumentation, valves, pumps, heat exchangers, etc.
- Review and discuss statements of work from project management and prepare markups for drafting.
- Manage assigned tasks and deadlines, provide timely and accurate status reports to internal departments to facilitate efficient flow of work to production.
- Refine and maintain DME design standards.
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs for product development.
- Collaborate with industry professionals to broaden DME’s knowledge base.
- Actively participate in DME’s Quality Management System.
Key Skills / Traits
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Persistent and result -orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Good sense of humour.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in manufacturing environment and theoretical knowledge of fabrication and welding procedures, considered assets.
- Adept at using MS Office Products.
- Permanent Canadian Resident.
This is a full-time position based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
DME is wholeheartedly committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace environment for all current and future employees. As an integral part of upholding this promise, the DME Drug and Alcohol Policy requires all applicants who have successfully completed a primary interview to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test, facilitated by a third-party provider.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and success of DME, please email a cover letter and resume by December 31, 2018 to HR@dme.ca. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications prior to the closing date. DME thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.