DME Group in Charlottetown, PE
The Company: The DME Group is comprised of Diversified Metal Engineering, Atlantic Systems Manufacturing and Newlands Systems. With manufacturing facilities in Charlottetown, PEI, Abbotsford, BC and Loris, South Carolina, and over 50 years of combined experience producing equipment for the craft beer, food processing, aquaculture, biotech and bioenergy industries, the organization is a global leader in the design and fabrication of stainless steel equipment and products.
Position Title: Drafting Technician
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Overview: A key member of the Engineering Team, the Drafting Technician will be responsible for using 2D and 3D CAD software to prepare technical drawings that effectively communicate design details essential for fabrication, design review, materials control, and customer approval. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of fabrication methods and techniques. They will also have experience in a manufacturing environment, reading technical drawings, problem solving, and be a highly organized individual.
Reports To: This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Produce technical drawings, ready for manufacturing, that accurately and concisely communicate design requirements.
- Use 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor) to model equipment designs used to generate fabrication drawings, verify spatial constraints, and establish accurate bill of material.
- Interface with and provide support to fabrication, engineering, project management, material control, logistics, and sales.
- Contribute to a team environment and achieving the objectives and milestones established for the team.
- Maintain and control changes to DME design standards, and project documents.
- Use and establish tools to improve speed and accuracy of technical drawings, such as parametric models, I-logic, adaptive parts, review checklists, etc.
- Manage assigned tasks and deadlines, provide timely and accurate status reports to customers, internal departments and management.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal departments.
- Provide exceptional service for DME customers, employees and suppliers.
- Actively participate in DME’s Quality Management System.
Key Skills / Traits
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Persistent and result -orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Good sense of humour.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Diploma or Degree;
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Familiar with technical drawings;
- Experience with 3D modelling software is an asset;
- Adept at using MS Office Products;
- Permanent Canadian Resident.
This is a full-time position based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits package.
DME is wholeheartedly committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace environment for all current and future employees. As an integral part of upholding this promise, the DME Drug and Alcohol Policy requires all applicants who have successfully completed a primary interview to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test, facilitated by a third-party provider.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and success of DME, please email a cover letter and resume by December 31, 2018 to HR@dme.ca. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications prior to closing date. DME thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.